Cabinet nod for Karnataka-Hyderabad development board
New Delhi/Bangalore: The Union Cabinet on Tuesday approved a notification to set up a development board for the Karnataka-Hyderabad region in the northern part of the state.
A special status was granted to "the Karnataka-Hyderabad region comprising Bidar, Bellary, Gulbarga, Koppal, Raichur, Koppal and Yadgir districts", an official statement here said.
The seven districts in the north-east region of the state were part of the erstwhile Hyderabad state under the Nizams till 1948 and were subsequently merged with the then Mysore state in 1956 under the reorganisation of states on linguistic basis.
"Under the new Article 371J, the President is empowered to entrust the governor to establish a separate board to ensure equitable allocation of funds to meet the development needs of the region in the state budget," the statement said.
The Constitution (98th amendment) Bill was passed by Parliament on December 20, 2012.
The new law will promote employment and reservation in educational and vocational training institutions located in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof