Cabinet reshuffle a "face-saving exercise": Badal
Bathinda: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday termed Sunday’s Union Cabinet reshuffle as a "face-saving exercise" saying inducting new faces and giving a fresh look to the government is "not going to help Congress".
"It will hardly make any difference as the writing is on the wall that Congress would be routed out from the political map of the county in the next Lok Sabha elections," Badal told reporters here on the sidelines of a function.
The Chief Minister claimed countrymen were "fed up with the anti-people" policies of UPA government and were eagerly waiting for the general elections, slated to be held in year 2014, to show them the door.
"The result of a number of state assembly elections and by-polls for the Lok Sabha in which Congress candidates have been trounced very badly has made it clear that due to its anti-people policies, the graph of UPA government is declining across the country.
"The attempt of Congress leadership to give a fresh look to its government by inducting new faces in Cabinet would hardly make any difference," he said.
Badal said it would be a "futile exercise" to induct new faces in the Cabinet "as the countrymen were well aware of such tantrums of Congress party and they would hardly fall prey to them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof