Can’t UPA govt translate VVIP chopper docs from Italian to English? Asks BJP
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
New Delhi: Hitting out at the Congress-led UPA government, the Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday accused it of inaction to bring the guilty in the AugustaWestland bribery case to justice.
“The beneficiary country of VVIP deal arrested the middle man Haschke but GOI is not arresting the middlemen whose names are now available (sic),” party spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
“Govt has received all info & docs from Italian govt & court. Still it is not acting & saying that there is difficulty in translating the docs, why the Congress led UPA government should find it difficult in translating the VVIP chopper docs from Italian to English? (sic),” he added.
Javadekar’s comments came after key middleman in the deal worth Rs.3,600-crore to sell high-end 12 AW 101 choppers to the Indian government, Guido Ralph Haschke, was arrested in Switzerland. Haschke is likely to be deported to Italy to face corruption charges.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is also probing the controversial deal and has filed an FIR against 13 individuals which includes Guido Haschke. Former IAF chief SP Tyagi, his cousins Sanjeev alias Julie, Rajeev alias Docsa and Sandeep, European middlemen Carlo Gerosa and Christian Michel are among 13 individuals named in the CBI FIR as accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan