Car bomber reached airport 6 hours before flight
New Delhi: Houshang Afshar Irani, the alleged
bomber of the Israeli Embassy car, rushed to the Delhi airport
immediately after the terror strike, reaching six hours before
the scheduled departure of his flight and succeeded in evading
the immigration radar.
The investigators of the February 13 terror attack on a
Israeli diplomat here have found that Irani rushed to the
Indira Gandhi International Airport after carrying out the
attack and reached there more than six hours ahead of his
scheduled flight to Malaysia.
"Our probe has found that Irani checked in at the airport
counter at around 4.30 pm, just a little over an hour after
the bomb blast. So, even before the immigration authorities
were alerted, he was through with his travel documents and
could flee India," an official privy to the investigation
The police claimed it managed to unravel the conspiracy
related to the February 13 car bomb attack on Aurangazeb Road,
in which an Israeli diplomat and three others were injured.
Three Iranians, including Irani, were allegedly involved
in the terror attack. An Indian journalist has already been
arrested in connection with the bombing.
The CBI will soon approach Interpol Headquarters to issue
look out notices against the three Iranian nationals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’