Cash-for-vote: NDA protests in Parliament complex
New Delhi: NDA leaders on Thursday protested in Parliament premises against the arrest of two former BJP MPs who had acted as "whistleblowers" in the cash-for-vote scam and demanded the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh,
alleging that he was heading a corrupt government.
Senior BJP leaders, including LK Advani, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley, Jaswant Singh, Rajnath Singh and others, along with ally JD(U) led by Sharad Yadav, held a protest demonstration at the Mahatma Gandhi statue in Parliament House
complex against the arrest of the two former BJP MPs- Faggan Singh Kulaste and Mahavir Bhagore.
The leaders shouted slogans like, "Prime Minister should resign", "The government which is incompetent has to be removed" and "This government of scams will not continue".
BJP had given notices for suspension of Question Hour in both Houses of Parliament to discuss the new developments in the cash-for-vote scam case. When the Chair did not permit this, they forced an adjournment of the two Houses.
Soon thereafter, NDA MPs from both Houses gathered at the Gandhi statue to hold the demonstration.
BJP maintains that injustice has been done to its two former MPs as they had only acted as "whistleblowers" in the cash-for-vote scam of July 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing