Cash-for-vote scam: Suhail, Saxena sent to Tihar
New Delhi: Arrested for their alleged
involvement in the 2008 cash-for-vote scam, Suhail Hindustani
and Sanjeev Saxena were sent to Tihar Jail on Friday by a Delhi
court after the city police probing the case told it that they
were no longer required for interrogation.
"Both accused are remanded to judicial custody till
August 5," Special Judge Sangeeta Dhingra Sehgal said, while
sending the duo to judicial custody in Tihar Jail.
On the court`s query about the duo`s interrogation during
the last 24 hours, Crime Branch sleuths of Delhi Police said
Hindustani, whom they claim to be the key conspirator in the
scam, was made to confront IAS officer S P Gupta, a witness in
The prosecution counsel also submitted that the duo were
personally interrogated by the Joint Commissioner of the Crime
The defence counsel, however, accused the police of not
complying with the court`s order saying that they were not
allowed to remain present during the custodial interrogation
of their clients despite the court`s order for it yesterday.
The police countered the allegations of the defence
counsel saying they were conducting a fair probe in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II