Cash-for-votes: BJP MP Ashok Argal booked
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Monday filed its
second supplementary chargesheet in the 2008 cash-for-vote
case in a court here naming BJP MP Ashok Argal as an accused.
Argal`s name was included in the fresh chargesheet after
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar granted sanction for his
prosecution to the Delhi Police.
In the earlier two chargesheets, prosecution had not
named Argal as an accused and had informed the court that it
was awaiting the required sanction for his prosecution. Six
persons, including Rajya Sabha MP Amar Singh and BJP leader LK Advani`s former aide Sudheendra Kulkarni, have been arrested
in the case.
Argal was among the then three BJP MPs who had waved wads
of currency notes in Lok Sabha ahead of trust motion in 2008,
claiming that they had been offered bribe to save the UPA-1
The chargesheet against the Argal was filed before
Special Judge Sangita Dhingra Sehgal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?