CBI arrests two in forgery case against Naval commander
New Delhi: The CBI has arrested two persons in connection with a forgery case against a Naval commander at Port Blair and 30 Navy officials for allegedly using fabricated bills of lading, transportation documents and permanent duty claims and causing loss of Rs 19.77 lakh to the exchequer.
Investigating in the case registered last year, CBI claimed that involvement of two officials -- Gandhi Behera, working with the Fire Services of Indian Navy and V Kashilingam, a cook at INS Jarowa -- came to light.
During searches at their residence last night, CBI claimed to have recovered forged rubber stamps of security checks of different airports like Delhi, Jammu, Guwahati, Bangalore, Chennai, Port Blair, baggage identity stickers of airlines like Indian Airlines, Indigo and Jet, blank boarding passes of different airlines, blank tickets and boarding passes of Directorate of Shipping, Andaman and Nicobar Islands of Port Blair.
The CBI teams also recovered eight hard disks, air ticket itinerary in the name of different Naval officials for their LTC claims besides scanners and printers, cash receipt books and bill books of different transporters, CBI said.
Interrogation of accused persons led the investigation to the residence of Dilip, younger brother of Behera at Ganjam of district Beherampur in Odisha and Padhi Printing Press in the same district.
The search at the printing press led to recovery of master copy of boarding passes of Directorate of Shipping Service, Andaman and Nicobar Island, Way Bills of All Indian Personal Service, Port Blair, Bill of Lading of shipping company.
Behera and Kashilingam were placed under arrest and investigation was on. Both the arrested accused were produced today before the designated court at Port Blair and were remanded in police custody up to June 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video