CBI court to take up closure report on Aarushi case tomorrow
Ghaziabad: A designated CBI court here will take up tomorrow the closure report filed by the agency in the sensational murder of Aarushi Talwar in which it has named her father as a suspect, but has expressed inability to prosecute him because of insufficient evidence.
The court, before which the agency filed the closure report on December 29 after two-and-a-half-years of investigation, is expected to decide whether to accept the
plea or ask the CBI to re-investigate the case.
In its closure report, the CBI also gave a clean chit to three servants of the doctor couple --- Krishna, Raj Kumar and Vijay Mandal -- while pointing towards Talwars, a charge
denied by them.
"By this closure report all I can say is that the CBI has condemned us for life. They have put all kinds of false allegations upon us without any evidence," Nupur said.
This is an unscientific investigation, she said.
The CBI in a 30-page report had said that on the fateful morning (May 16, 2008) when the maid had come, Nupur had dropped keys for her to open the door.
As per the statement of the maid, Nupur was quiet normal at that time but as she opened the door she asked the maid to see what Hemraj had done to 14-year-old Aarushi.
In an attempt to find the murder weapon, the CBI also checked a golf set provided to them by Rajesh Talwar. The CBI in the closure report had said that the golf set "appeared to have been thoroughly cleaned... visibly distinct from the other golf sticks of the set".
However "no body fluid or blood could be detected on the sticks," the closure report said.
"We are now going to move the court. I have to talk to my lawyers and we hope the court gives us justice," Rajesh Talwar said when asked about the CBI`s closure report.
CBI had arrested the three suspects -- Raj Kumar, Vijay Mandal and Krishna -- in the case, but they were released later.
The report while detailing the case said there are no witnesses in the case other than the parents and Hemraj.
Maintaining that the crime scene was not preserved, the CBI, which took up the case on June 1, 2008, said things were pretty normal at Talwar`s residence till 10:30 pm on the
fateful day as suggested in a video camera.
The father was working on the internet till midnight, the report said. The CBI also highlighted the fact that it was unlikely that the murderer could have killed the victim and
then wrapped her body properly in a bed sheet.
The report claimed that the dentist had asked UP police team to rush after Hemraj rather than giving them sufficient time to secure the scene of crime. It also claimed
that Rajesh had failed to immediately identify the body of
It mentioned that there was no forced entry into the house. Even the door of Aarushi`s room was like that of a hotel room, which could be opened either from inside or with a
key from outside.
The keys of the room were with the mother of the victim, the report said. The narco-analysis and polygraph tests of the dentist couple were "inconclusive," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25