CBI is 967 employees short
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is not facing staff shortage but it has 967 vacancies, parliament was informed Thursday.
Minister of State in the Prime Minister`s Office V. Narayanasamy told the Rajya Sabha that the maximum of 690 vacancies were in the executive wing of CBI.
This was closed followed by its legal department (108 vacancies), ministerial department (103), technical wing (39) and canteen staff (27).
"Despite some vacancies in CBI, speedy investigation of various cases is ensured through effective use and deployment of existing personnel," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth