CBI may go through phone calls made by Tejinder Singh
New Delhi: Probing Gen VK Singh`s complaint of alleged bribery offer made to him, the CBI will go through call records of retired Lt Gen Tejinder Singh to find out whether he was in touch with Vectra Chairman Ravinder Rishi or his associates before or after meeting the Army Chief.
CBI sources said the Army chief in his recent meeting with sleuths has assured them that he would provide some "clinching" evidence to buttress his complaint that Tejinder Singh had allegedly offered him a bribe of Rs 14 crore to clear supply of a tranche of all-terrain vehicles to the Army.
The CBI has met Army Chief on Friday last week to seek clarifications on his complaint but it is yet to meet Lt Gen (Retd) Tejinder Singh.
The agency, which has registered a preliminary enquiry in connection with complaint submitted by the Army Chief, is relying on three documents -- visitor`s register, Record of Discussion of Army and documents related to Tatra, they said.
The sources said analysis of call records would give a clear picture about the allegations levelled by Gen Singh in his complaint. Tejinder Singh had refuted the allegations against him and even filed a defamation case against the Army Chief and other senior officers.
They claimed entries in the visitor`s register show that Tejinder Singh did visit Gen Singh at his office on September 22, 2010 while the former had said that meeting was for personal reasons.
The Record of Discussion is an official document in which senior officials like Army Chief document communications, instructions, deliberations and decisions taken during a meeting, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!