CBI raids ex-president of Dental Council
New Delhi: The CBI on Friday carried out searches at the premises of former president of Dental Council of India Anil Kohli here after registering a disproportionate assets case against him.
A CBI spokesman said a case was registered against the former DCI president yesterday after the agency finished its initial probe into the complaint filed against him for allegedly amassing wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income.
Searches were on at six places after registering the case, the spokesperson said.
The agency was probing Kohli`s role as DCI president between 2006-2010 following allegations that he received favours from dental colleges for verification and cancellation of certain institutes. He had resigned from the DCI in 2010.
Earlier, the Health Ministry had constituted a two-member committee to probe the charges against him.
Kohli was not immediately available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH