CBI reply on Aseemanand confession leak not satisfactory: Court
New Delhi: Not satisfied with the CBI`s
two-page report refuting allegation of leaking the
confessional statement of Ajmer dargah blast accused Swami
Aseemanand, a Delhi court today asked the Director of the
agency to file a complete report on the issue.
"It is not a complete report," Additional Chief
Metropolitan Magistrate Sanjay Bansal said while asking the
agency to file a fresh report by February 25.
The court was not satisfied with the brief report in
which the CBI had refuted the allegation that it had leaked
the confessional statement.
The court also pointed out that the two-page report was
not signed by the CBI Director.
The investigating agency said that the report was filed
after being approved by the Director.
The court, however, was not satisfied and said, "Even if
the CBI Director is an approver he should have at least signed
it but it is not reflected in the report."
The CBI refuted the claims made by RSS functionary
Devendra Gupta, arrested for his role in Ajmer dargah blast
case, that it had leaked the confessional statement of Swami
Aseemanad to the media.
"The CBI has not released the press statement to the
media containing the statement under section 164 CrPC of
Aseemananad or even the fact that he had made a confessional
statement as it was felt that it would jeopardise the interest
of the investigation.
"However, an internal fact-finding enquiry has been
instituted in the matter," CBI said in its report.
The court had on February 4 had issued notice to the
CBI and had asked its Director to explain how the confessional
statement of Swami Aseemanand was leaked to the media.
The court had passed the order on an application filed
by Gupta seeking registration of an FIR against CBI and
`Tehelka` magazine under various penal provisions for the
"deliberate" leakage of Aseemanand`s confessional statement.
The confession was recorded in Delhi by a Metropolitan
Magistrate on December 18 last year in an in-camera
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand