CBI summons IPS officer Johri in Sohrabuddin case
Gandhinagar: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Thursday summoned Geetha Johri, the first woman IPS officer of Gujarat, by Aug 10 for questioning in connection with the 2005 killing of Sohrabuddin Sheikh in a staged shootout.
Johri was a part of the Supreme Court-appointed Special Investigation Team (SIT) headed by RK Raghavan to probe the case.
The Gujarat Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) has been accused of killing Sohrabuddin Sheikh on grounds that he was a Lashkar-e-Toiba operative near Ahmedabad in a staged shootout Nov 26, 2005. His wife Kauser-Bi had also been missing since then.
CBI grills Shah for second day
The CBI Thursday grilled former Gujarat minister Amit Shah inside the Sabarmati Central Jail for the second day in connection with the fake encounter of
A four-member team of the Central agency is questioning Shah, CBI sources said here.
The sources said Shah was "not cooperating” with the investigation despite an assurance to this effect given by his lawyers before the court.
The BJP leader, facing murder, kidnapping and extortion charges, among others, has been lodged in the jail after his arrest on Sunday last.
The entire proceeding is being recorded on audio and video tape.
Yesterday, a CBI team led by Chief Investigating Officer Amitabh Thakur questioned Shah, a key aide of Chief Minister Narendra Modi, for over four hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report