CBI summons IPS officer Johri in Sohrabuddin case
Gandhinagar: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Thursday summoned Geetha Johri, the first woman IPS officer of Gujarat, by Aug 10 for questioning in connection with the 2005 killing of Sohrabuddin Sheikh in a staged shootout.
Johri was a part of the Supreme Court-appointed Special Investigation Team (SIT) headed by RK Raghavan to probe the case.
The Gujarat Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) has been accused of killing Sohrabuddin Sheikh on grounds that he was a Lashkar-e-Toiba operative near Ahmedabad in a staged shootout Nov 26, 2005. His wife Kauser-Bi had also been missing since then.
CBI grills Shah for second day
The CBI Thursday grilled former Gujarat minister Amit Shah inside the Sabarmati Central Jail for the second day in connection with the fake encounter of
A four-member team of the Central agency is questioning Shah, CBI sources said here.
The sources said Shah was "not cooperating” with the investigation despite an assurance to this effect given by his lawyers before the court.
The BJP leader, facing murder, kidnapping and extortion charges, among others, has been lodged in the jail after his arrest on Sunday last.
The entire proceeding is being recorded on audio and video tape.
Yesterday, a CBI team led by Chief Investigating Officer Amitabh Thakur questioned Shah, a key aide of Chief Minister Narendra Modi, for over four hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away in Chennai after suffering cardiac arrest; PM Modi pays tribute to Tamil Nadu CM
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what