CBI to probe Coalgate scam professionally: Agency official
Kolkata: Maintaining that the probe into the Coalgate scam would be done "professionally", a top CBI official on Thursday remained evasive on the matter of questioning Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on the issue.
"This is a hypothetical question. We can`t just answer this question as of now. We can just say that we will deal with this (Coalgate scam investigation) in a professional manner. This is an investigation and as and when the matter comes up, it will be answered," Additional Director of CBI Rupak Kumar Dutta said when asked whether the Prime Minister would be interrogated in connection with the Coalgate scam.
Asked about the alleged missing files in the Coal Ministry, Dutta, who was in the city to attend a programme, said "CBI has asked for some documents (regarding the investigation).
"The Coal Ministry is looking for those documents. They have not said that they will not give those files. When they get those files they will give it to us,", he said.
Yesterday, CBI Director Ranjit Sinha had also evaded the the question of examining Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in connection with its probe in the coal blocks allocation scam.
His comments were sought in the wake of a report that the investigation team in the coal allocation scam has suggested questioning the PM, which the CBI Director has put on hold.
CBI has so far registered 13 FIRs in connection with the coal blocks allocation scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof