CBI to probe Coalgate scam professionally: Agency official
Kolkata: Maintaining that the probe into the Coalgate scam would be done "professionally", a top CBI official on Thursday remained evasive on the matter of questioning Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on the issue.
"This is a hypothetical question. We can`t just answer this question as of now. We can just say that we will deal with this (Coalgate scam investigation) in a professional manner. This is an investigation and as and when the matter comes up, it will be answered," Additional Director of CBI Rupak Kumar Dutta said when asked whether the Prime Minister would be interrogated in connection with the Coalgate scam.
Asked about the alleged missing files in the Coal Ministry, Dutta, who was in the city to attend a programme, said "CBI has asked for some documents (regarding the investigation).
"The Coal Ministry is looking for those documents. They have not said that they will not give those files. When they get those files they will give it to us,", he said.
Yesterday, CBI Director Ranjit Sinha had also evaded the the question of examining Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in connection with its probe in the coal blocks allocation scam.
His comments were sought in the wake of a report that the investigation team in the coal allocation scam has suggested questioning the PM, which the CBI Director has put on hold.
CBI has so far registered 13 FIRs in connection with the coal blocks allocation scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users