CBSE principals asked to undergo leadership training
Kolkata: The Central Board of Secondary Education has asked principals of over 13,500 schools in the country, which follow CBSE curriculum, to train in developing effective leadership and school management qualities.
In one of the biggest initiatives taken by the CBSE, the principals, vice principals, head masters and head mistresses will compulsorily spend at least seven days a year to learn a range of skills and undergo behavioural training.
The flagship five-day behavioural programme on Leadership and School Management would be offered in both residential and non-residential format.
According to a CBSE official spokesperson, "In keeping with the changing times, we believe school principals too need to expand their leadership capability to manage the entire education process."
"The leadership and school management programme will empower them to play a bigger role in leading their teams, managing conflict and to improve the overall education process," the spokesperson said.
Santhosh Babu, the founding managing director of Organisation Development Alternatives (ODA), said, "We are delighted to partner this breakthrough initiative of CBSE."
He said that the five-day two-part programme had the potential to make an impact on the vision and values of teachers and to manage the education process in schools that prepare future generations of rising India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM