CBSE question papers leaked, three arrested
Port Blair: Three persons, including a school principal, were arrested Friday from Car Nicobar island on the charge of leaking question papers of the ongoing CBSE examinations.
Krishnan Raju, principal of Government Senior
Secondary School at Lapati; Rashid, an executive engineer of
the Andamans PWD; and Vijayan, a forest ranger, were arrested
for leaking the question papers, officials in the Directorate
of Education department said.
The question papers involve science subjects of class
X and XII, regional director of CBSE Nagarajan said after
visiting the school and meeting guardians of students.
Nagarajan assured the guardians that the students
would get justice and steps would be taken.
"A second set of question papers on the subjects have
been kept ready. The examination will continue. Examination
for the leaked papers will be held again," he said.
Meanwhile, BJP MP from the region Bishnupada Roy
demanded in New Delhi that the examinations be cancelled and
fresh ones held.
"The CBSE question papers of Class X and Class XII
were leaked on February 17 in Nicobar. But instead of
cancelling the examinations, the authorities conducted the
examination on March 1," he told reporters outside Parliament.
The CBSE examinations for Class XII and Class X
started on March 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!