CBSE to offer intnl curriculum in Indian schools
New Delhi: About 50 schools in India may soon offer the international curriculum of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on a trial basis, Human Resource Development Minister Kapil Sibal said Tuesday.
Making the announcement here, the minister said the board`s international curriculum, CBSE-I, will be for students opting for boards like the International Baccalaureate.
The international curriculum, available to students from Class 1 to 12, would be taught totally through e-books. The CBSE-I students would also have an edge over the normal CBSE course students as they would have more foreign languages and different syllabus for other subjects.
"This will be an option for students who want to go out of India for higher studies after Class 12," Sibal told reporters.
CBSE chairman Vineet Joshi added that the course has already been started in about 25 schools in the Gulf and south Asian countries, and expression of interest has been invited from schools in India to start the course from the coming academic session.
"The pilot programme in India will include some Kendriya Vidyalayas and other government and private schools," Joshi said.
"Expression of interest has been invited from schools, it will be discussed and then the schools will be finalised," he said.
The government plans to launch the pilot programme in nearly 50 schools across India.
The annual course registration fee as proposed by the ministry is Rs.1.5 lakh.
Sibal said the course being totally online was a special feature of the CBSE-I and the government planned to expand this in coming days.
"We want to give Akash tablets in the hands of every student, then this will be useful," Sibal said.
The minister added that the attempt was to manufacture all components of Akash indigenously.
"We had a meeting with Bharat Electronics, we are looking for manufacturing all components of the Akash tablet indigenously. Otherwise, it will not be possible to distribute it as widely as planned," Sibal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo