CEC to visit MP on Oct 28 to review poll preparedness
Bhopal: Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampat and other senior officials of the Election Commission will arrive here on a two-day visit on October 28 to review poll preparations for the Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections to be held on November 25.
After arriving in the state capital on October 28, the CEC along with Deputy Election Commissioner Sudhir Tripathi, Director Generals P K Das and Akshay Raut will hold parleys with representatives of recognised political parties, official sources said on Thursday.
On October 29, the Commission will chair a meeting of the divisional commissioners, range inspector generals, district electoral officers/collectors, deputy inspector generals and superintendents of police of all districts in the state to review poll preparations.
Later, Sampat will meet top officials of finance, income tax and information technology departments and state`s Chief Secretary, Principal Secretary Home and Director General of Police (DGP) on the issue, they said.
Before leaving for New Delhi, the CEC will brief the media about poll preparations, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan