CEC to visit MP on Oct 28 to review poll preparedness
Bhopal: Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampat and other senior officials of the Election Commission will arrive here on a two-day visit on October 28 to review poll preparations for the Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections to be held on November 25.
After arriving in the state capital on October 28, the CEC along with Deputy Election Commissioner Sudhir Tripathi, Director Generals P K Das and Akshay Raut will hold parleys with representatives of recognised political parties, official sources said on Thursday.
On October 29, the Commission will chair a meeting of the divisional commissioners, range inspector generals, district electoral officers/collectors, deputy inspector generals and superintendents of police of all districts in the state to review poll preparations.
Later, Sampat will meet top officials of finance, income tax and information technology departments and state`s Chief Secretary, Principal Secretary Home and Director General of Police (DGP) on the issue, they said.
Before leaving for New Delhi, the CEC will brief the media about poll preparations, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family