CEC to visit MP on Oct 28 to review poll preparedness
Bhopal: Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampat and other senior officials of the Election Commission will arrive here on a two-day visit on October 28 to review poll preparations for the Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections to be held on November 25.
After arriving in the state capital on October 28, the CEC along with Deputy Election Commissioner Sudhir Tripathi, Director Generals P K Das and Akshay Raut will hold parleys with representatives of recognised political parties, official sources said on Thursday.
On October 29, the Commission will chair a meeting of the divisional commissioners, range inspector generals, district electoral officers/collectors, deputy inspector generals and superintendents of police of all districts in the state to review poll preparations.
Later, Sampat will meet top officials of finance, income tax and information technology departments and state`s Chief Secretary, Principal Secretary Home and Director General of Police (DGP) on the issue, they said.
Before leaving for New Delhi, the CEC will brief the media about poll preparations, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port