Central team ends WB visit, gives `suggestions` to admin
Kolkata: The team from the Union Home
ministry, which had indicated that it would not go to
violence-affected areas in West Bengal, today stayed put in
the metropolis while giving a number of suggestions to the
"They suggested introduction of better technology for
gathering more information in Maoist-affected areas and
increased manpower in the police force," state Home Secretary
Ardhendu Sen said at the conclusion of the visit of the team
sent by Union Home Minister P Chidamabaram at the insistence
of UPA ally Trinamool Congress.
"Modern technology introduced in other Maoist-hit
states yielded better results," Sen said.
On the team not visiting areas which had witnessed
violence, Sen replied "Probably the team is satisfied with the
briefing it received from state officials."
The team, headed by Additional Secretary (Home) D R S
Chowdhury, held a meeting with magistrates and police
superintendents of nine violence-affected districts at the
state secretariat -- Writers` Buildings.
Asked to sum up the the outcome of the meetings with
the team, Sen said "its always better in exchanging ideas. It
was an absolutely factual discussion."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview