Central team ends WB visit, gives `suggestions` to admin
Kolkata: The team from the Union Home
ministry, which had indicated that it would not go to
violence-affected areas in West Bengal, today stayed put in
the metropolis while giving a number of suggestions to the
"They suggested introduction of better technology for
gathering more information in Maoist-affected areas and
increased manpower in the police force," state Home Secretary
Ardhendu Sen said at the conclusion of the visit of the team
sent by Union Home Minister P Chidamabaram at the insistence
of UPA ally Trinamool Congress.
"Modern technology introduced in other Maoist-hit
states yielded better results," Sen said.
On the team not visiting areas which had witnessed
violence, Sen replied "Probably the team is satisfied with the
briefing it received from state officials."
The team, headed by Additional Secretary (Home) D R S
Chowdhury, held a meeting with magistrates and police
superintendents of nine violence-affected districts at the
state secretariat -- Writers` Buildings.
Asked to sum up the the outcome of the meetings with
the team, Sen said "its always better in exchanging ideas. It
was an absolutely factual discussion."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing