Centre reviews ongoing operations against Maoists
New Delhi: The Centre on Thursday reviewed ongoing operations against Maoists with district SPs and commandants of paramilitary forces, engaged in anti-Naxal operations.
Chaired by Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami, the meeting took stock of the current strategy, its success, reverses suffered by the forces and how to improve coordination between Central and state security forces.
The meeting, scheduled to be held on July 26-27, was advanced by a day following a request by CRPF which thought that declaring the exact dates may lead to officers being targeted by Maoists during their journey to the national capital, sources said.
Maoists have attacked convoys of police and paramilitary forces and even political parties while passing through their strongholds.
Attended by Superintendents of Police of 27 worst Maoist- hit districts and CRPF battalion commandants, the meeting stressed on intelligence based operations and favoured taking such steps which would hurt the Naxals most.
The two-day meeting, convened in the wake of the July 3 killing of Amarjit Balihar, the SP of Jharkhand`s Pakur district by Maoists, was also attended by other top officials of Home Ministry and CRPF, Inspector Generals in-charge of operations in Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Maharashtra and Odisha.
A detailed discussion on the methodology taken by the Maoists to carry out their attacks as well as how to face the new challenges on the ground is expected to be held tomorrow.
The Home Ministry has chosen Mohd Suvez Haque, SP of Maharashtra`s Gadchiroli district, to brief the gathering on the innovative methods adopted by him to tackle Left wing extremism.
Haque has been chosen to give a presentation at the meeting on the methods adopted by him to take on the Maoists, the sources said.
Haque, 34, is an officer of the 2005 batch of Indian Police Service. He is a chemical engineer and is considered to be very efficient in dealing with Left wing violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you