Centre sends terror alert to seven states ahead of R-Day
New Delhi: Ahead of the Republic Day, the
Centre has asked seven states, including Maharashtra,
Karnataka and Delhi, to remain fully alert to prevent any
attempt by terrorists to disturb peace.
The Home Ministry advisory has been sent to Uttar
Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal and Assam besides Maharashtra,
Karnataka and Delhi, asking the authorities there to take all
precautionary measures to foil any possible terrorist attack.
Official sources said specific instruction has been given
to the state governments to ensure extra security in
"The advisory has been sent after the intelligence
agencies recorded the conversation between the militants and
their handlers across the border during recent encounters," an
The taped conversation clearly indicated increased threat
perception to the official functions during Republic Day.
Additional security personnel have also been deployed in
sensitive places in Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata as well as
Delhi, where the country`s main official function will be
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires