Centre sends terror alert to seven states ahead of R-Day
New Delhi: Ahead of the Republic Day, the
Centre has asked seven states, including Maharashtra,
Karnataka and Delhi, to remain fully alert to prevent any
attempt by terrorists to disturb peace.
The Home Ministry advisory has been sent to Uttar
Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal and Assam besides Maharashtra,
Karnataka and Delhi, asking the authorities there to take all
precautionary measures to foil any possible terrorist attack.
Official sources said specific instruction has been given
to the state governments to ensure extra security in
"The advisory has been sent after the intelligence
agencies recorded the conversation between the militants and
their handlers across the border during recent encounters," an
The taped conversation clearly indicated increased threat
perception to the official functions during Republic Day.
Additional security personnel have also been deployed in
sensitive places in Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata as well as
Delhi, where the country`s main official function will be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway