Centre wants Goa Govt to submit report on Sanatan Sanstha: MP
Panaji: The Centre will examine the
possibility of banning the right-wing organisation Sanatan
Sanstha once the Goa Government submits a proposal for the
same, Congress MP Shantaram Naik said today.
Naik, briefing about his meeting with Union Home
Minister P Chidambaram last week, said the Centre wants Goa to
submit a formal proposal before taking any decision on the
outfit linked to the last year`s bomb blast in Margao town.
"The State Government is yet to submit a report to the
Centre seeking ban." The Rajya Sabha member from Goa said he
has also met Chief Minister Digamber Kamat "with the request
to ban the organisation, which could be possible cause of
communal discord in the state."
Naik said whatever comments he is making about the
group is his "personal opinion" and declined to blame the
Congress-led Government over delay in submitting the report.
"I am for communal harmony in Goa. The government
should examine the printed and electronic publicity material
of the Sanstha, which instigates the locals to indulge in
terror and Naxal activities," Naik added.
Four activists of the organisation had been arrested
for the blast on Diwali eve. National Investigation Agency
(NIA) is probing the case.
The lawmaker said the inflammatory material printed by
the Goa-headquartered Sanstha was enough ground to nail it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India