Change of guard in HRD Ministry: Crucial CABE meet postponed
New Delhi: A crucial meet of the Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE) on November 1 to deliberate on issues like a national framework in higher education and having a bill to curb unfair practices in schools has been postponed due to change of guard in the HRD Ministry.
Officials in the ministry who briefed new HRD Minister MM Pallam Raju on Monday said the meeting has been postponed to enable him and the two new ministers of state study the policy nuances and issues related to the department.
While MoS Jiten Prasada took charge today, Raju is expected to join the ministry on Wednesday. Shashi Tharoor is the other MoS who is also yet to take charge.
CABE, the apex body on education and comprising state education ministers and educationists among others, has about nine agendas to deliberate upon.
These include a proposed national framework in higher education to address the issue of compatibility and seamless recognition of qualification across all higher education institutions.
Another issue in the agenda is to discuss about a draft `Prohibition Of Unfair Practices in Schools Bill` which seeks to prohibit corporal punishment in class and puts a check on demanding or accepting capitation fee.
Reforms in polytechnic sector, expanding RTE up to Class X and including pre-school education under it and review of implementation of RTE Act are among the other agenda before the CABE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read