Chennai-Nizamuddin back Duronto train to run from Sep 21
Nagpur: Railways will be introducing a
weekly non-stop Chennai to Nizamuddin and back Duronto train
from September 21.
The inaugural train will be flagged off by Union
Home Minister P Chidambaram at 0640 hours on September 21 at
Train number 2269 will depart every Monday from
Chennai at 0640 hours and reach Nizamuddin next day (Tuesday)
at 1035 hours. Similarly, the return train, number 2270 will
leave Nizamuddin at 1600 hours on Tuesday and reach Chennai at
2010 hours next day (Wednesday), a release from Nagpur
division of Central Railway said here today.
It will have a composition of 15 coaches which include
eight reserved sleeper class, two AC3 and four AC2 and AC3
combine and a pantry car.
It will have operational halt at Vijaywada, Warangal,
Nagpur, Itarsi and Jhansi on both the directions.
Union Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee had announced
Duronto train during Rail Budget earlier sometime back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate