Chhattisgarh: Naxals blow up CRPF vehicle; 2 jawans, 9 Naxals dead
Raipur: Two CRPF jawans were killed in a
landmine blast triggered by Naxals in Chhattisgarh`s Bijapur
district here on Tuesday, hours after nine extremists were gunned
down in an operation in Dantewada.
The incident occurred near Murtanda village, 280 kms
from here, when a bullet-proof vehicle was on its way back
from Awapally after ferrying jawans of Timapur-based 168
battalion of CRPF, Additional SP BPS Rajbhanu told PTI over
"The Naxals blew up the vehicle by setting off a
landmine resulting in the death of the driver and a
constable," he said.
Nine Naxals were killed in a fierce encounter with
CRPF and state police personnel in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada
district, 383 kms from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Islamic State bombings in southern Yemen kill 38
- UK pensions minister Crabb considering bid to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks