Chhattisgarh: Naxals blow up CRPF vehicle; 2 jawans, 9 Naxals dead
Raipur: Two CRPF jawans were killed in a
landmine blast triggered by Naxals in Chhattisgarh`s Bijapur
district here on Tuesday, hours after nine extremists were gunned
down in an operation in Dantewada.
The incident occurred near Murtanda village, 280 kms
from here, when a bullet-proof vehicle was on its way back
from Awapally after ferrying jawans of Timapur-based 168
battalion of CRPF, Additional SP BPS Rajbhanu told PTI over
"The Naxals blew up the vehicle by setting off a
landmine resulting in the death of the driver and a
constable," he said.
Nine Naxals were killed in a fierce encounter with
CRPF and state police personnel in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada
district, 383 kms from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days