Chief of Army Staff visits Golden Temple
Amritsar: Chief of the Army Staff General Vijay Kumar Singh on Sunday paid obeisance at the Golden Temple, as he arrived here with his family for a "purely personal"
"I was here to pray before the Almighty for the well being of Indian Nation and Indian Army. It was a long pending wish of me and my family," Singh said.
Speaking about the visit, Information officer of Golden Temple Gurbachan Singh said, "The visit of the Singh was purely a personal visit."
Earlier, in 1984 General AS Vaidya, the then chief of Army Staff had visited the Temple, with Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, a few days after Operation Blue Star at Golden
Temple to take stock of the situation.
After the visit of General AS Vaidya, no chief of the Army Staff had visited Golden Temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why