Chief of Army Staff visits Golden Temple
Amritsar: Chief of the Army Staff General Vijay Kumar Singh on Sunday paid obeisance at the Golden Temple, as he arrived here with his family for a "purely personal"
"I was here to pray before the Almighty for the well being of Indian Nation and Indian Army. It was a long pending wish of me and my family," Singh said.
Speaking about the visit, Information officer of Golden Temple Gurbachan Singh said, "The visit of the Singh was purely a personal visit."
Earlier, in 1984 General AS Vaidya, the then chief of Army Staff had visited the Temple, with Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, a few days after Operation Blue Star at Golden
Temple to take stock of the situation.
After the visit of General AS Vaidya, no chief of the Army Staff had visited Golden Temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites