Child labour issue: HC summons two senior officers
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court today summoned the Chief Secretary and another senior officer of the city government for their failure to comply with the court`s earlier directions to conduct raids and rescue children engaged in labour activities.
A bench of Chief Justice N V Ramana and and Justice Manmohan in an order directed the Chief Secretary and the Secretary of Labour department to appear before the court on November 13 and explain the reasons for non-compliance of the directions.
"We are not satisfied with the explanation given by the government counsel. It is unfortunate that the scheme, which was formulated by the respondents(NGCT, Child rights commission, NGOs etc) themselves, has not been followed.
"In the circumstances, we have no option but to direct the Respondent 2(Labour Secretary) and Respondent 4 (Chief Secretary) to appear before this court and explain the reasons for not conducting the raids and rescuing the children as directed by this court," the bench said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?