Civil society to be engaged in legislation: Govt
New Delhi: Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid said on Sunday that the government will continue to engage civil society groups while legislating.
"Several new bills like land acquisition and rehabilitation, food security and others are being prepared by the government," Khurshid told reporters here. "Common people have a right to express their views."
He said that civil society groups were an important part of the country`s political system and congratulated activist Anna Hazare, 74, who broke his hunger strike at the Ramlila Maidan on Sunday, a day after Parliament agreed in principle to his three key demands for a more inclusive Lokpal Bill.
"I congratulate Annaji for holding a successful and peaceful movement," he told reporters. "Civil society should play an important role in the country`s political system. This movement was an example." he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh