Civil society to be engaged in legislation: Govt
New Delhi: Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid said on Sunday that the government will continue to engage civil society groups while legislating.
"Several new bills like land acquisition and rehabilitation, food security and others are being prepared by the government," Khurshid told reporters here. "Common people have a right to express their views."
He said that civil society groups were an important part of the country`s political system and congratulated activist Anna Hazare, 74, who broke his hunger strike at the Ramlila Maidan on Sunday, a day after Parliament agreed in principle to his three key demands for a more inclusive Lokpal Bill.
"I congratulate Annaji for holding a successful and peaceful movement," he told reporters. "Civil society should play an important role in the country`s political system. This movement was an example." he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh