Civil society to be engaged in legislation: Govt
New Delhi: Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid said on Sunday that the government will continue to engage civil society groups while legislating.
"Several new bills like land acquisition and rehabilitation, food security and others are being prepared by the government," Khurshid told reporters here. "Common people have a right to express their views."
He said that civil society groups were an important part of the country`s political system and congratulated activist Anna Hazare, 74, who broke his hunger strike at the Ramlila Maidan on Sunday, a day after Parliament agreed in principle to his three key demands for a more inclusive Lokpal Bill.
"I congratulate Annaji for holding a successful and peaceful movement," he told reporters. "Civil society should play an important role in the country`s political system. This movement was an example." he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living