`Civil war` like situation at the Centre: Nitish
Patna: A `civil war` like situation is
prevailing at the Centre with `squabbles` among some senior
ministers over the finance ministry note on the 2G spectrum
scam, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Thursday.
Kumar, who was addressing the 65th annual function of
Bihar Industries Association, however, did not elaborate on
his comment or name any central minister.
He hit out at the Centre for not conceding special
category status to Bihar and said its electorate would teach a
lesson to those who were denying due rights to the backward
state and its people.
``The people of Bihar sent out a terse message in 2010
assembly polls by rejecting political parties which had
failed to cater to the state`s economic interests. They will
do it again in the future,`` he said without naming any
Alleging discrimination, Kumar said the Centre gave
many reasons to deny Bihar its `rightful claims` but adopted a
different yardstick to bail out West Bengal.
Bihar had even been ignored in sanctioning power
projects and allotment of coal linkages for the proposed power
projects in the state.
The people of Bihar would not give up their efforts
for special economic status and due pressure would be mounted
on the Centre to grant it in due course of time, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks