`Civil war` like situation at the Centre: Nitish
Patna: A `civil war` like situation is
prevailing at the Centre with `squabbles` among some senior
ministers over the finance ministry note on the 2G spectrum
scam, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Thursday.
Kumar, who was addressing the 65th annual function of
Bihar Industries Association, however, did not elaborate on
his comment or name any central minister.
He hit out at the Centre for not conceding special
category status to Bihar and said its electorate would teach a
lesson to those who were denying due rights to the backward
state and its people.
``The people of Bihar sent out a terse message in 2010
assembly polls by rejecting political parties which had
failed to cater to the state`s economic interests. They will
do it again in the future,`` he said without naming any
Alleging discrimination, Kumar said the Centre gave
many reasons to deny Bihar its `rightful claims` but adopted a
different yardstick to bail out West Bengal.
Bihar had even been ignored in sanctioning power
projects and allotment of coal linkages for the proposed power
projects in the state.
The people of Bihar would not give up their efforts
for special economic status and due pressure would be mounted
on the Centre to grant it in due course of time, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO