Click a pic, join Census 2011 photography contest
New Delhi: As the census exercise enters the penultimate phase, here`s a chance for you to `focus` on
India`s "strength in numbers" and win a prize.
The Census of India is holding a photography contest, details of which have been put on its Facebook page `Census 2011`. The population enumeration phase of the exercise has just ended and the revision round is going on.
To participate in the contest, all one needs to do is to click a photograph on the theme of Census, upload it in the Census 2011 page with a justification of how it related to the theme, share it with friends and ask them to vote for the photo. The last date of uploading is March 7.
The first prize is an SLR camera worth Rs 25,000, the second prize is a digital camera worth Rs 15,000 and the third prize is Rs 10,000 in cash.
"Contrary to the belief that our country`s population is the biggest obstacle to our success, our strength actually lies in our numbers... `Strength in numbers` gives you an opportunity to showcase this potential through your panoramic lenses," says the contest announcement on the social network site page.
A large number of people have already uploaded photos and queries were being regularly posted by netizens on the Census 2011 page on various aspects of the contest and methods of judging the winners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police