Cloudburst hits Kharahal Valley in Himachal Pradesh
Kharahal: Property worth millions was destroyed as a cloudburst hit Himachal Pradesh`s Kharahal Valley on Monday.
The locals, who heard some thunder early this morning, witnessed the road overflowing with water.
"We heard some noise outside in the morning, so we all woke up suddenly and came out of our houses. We saw that the drains were overflowing and our house started shaking, so we all vacated our houses and woke up all the neighbours," said Vinod, a local.
The locals have, however, been safely evacuated from their houses.
Around a dozen villages have been adversely affected by the recent cloudburst with roads in many areas being washed away.
It has been reported that this cloudburst will affect the economy of the region, as it will severely affect the apple cultivation, which is the mainstay of agriculture here.
This cloudburst has led to washing away of several roads and bridges in the region.
Himachal Pradesh has received three percent more rains than normal during the current monsoon season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Yogeshwar Dutt's Bronze to be upgraded to Silver: Virender Sehwag expresses excitement with HILARIOUS tweet
- Rahul Gandhi on three-day visit to Amethi from Wednesday
- ChampOne C1 at Rs 501: Know how to register; flash sale starts on Friday
- Philippines stops issuing haj passports to Muslim pilgrims
- Strong typhoon Lionrock heads for Japan's northeast