Cloudburst hits Kharahal Valley in Himachal Pradesh
Kharahal: Property worth millions was destroyed as a cloudburst hit Himachal Pradesh`s Kharahal Valley on Monday.
The locals, who heard some thunder early this morning, witnessed the road overflowing with water.
"We heard some noise outside in the morning, so we all woke up suddenly and came out of our houses. We saw that the drains were overflowing and our house started shaking, so we all vacated our houses and woke up all the neighbours," said Vinod, a local.
The locals have, however, been safely evacuated from their houses.
Around a dozen villages have been adversely affected by the recent cloudburst with roads in many areas being washed away.
It has been reported that this cloudburst will affect the economy of the region, as it will severely affect the apple cultivation, which is the mainstay of agriculture here.
This cloudburst has led to washing away of several roads and bridges in the region.
Himachal Pradesh has received three percent more rains than normal during the current monsoon season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’