Coal scam: CBI likely to tell SC that Ashwani proposed changes in report
New Delhi: The CBI is likely to convey to the Supreme Court on Monday that changes were proposed both by Law Minister Ashwani Kumar and Attorney General GM Vahanvati in its status report on investigations into the controversial allocation of coal blocks.
CBI`s Director Ranjit Sinha discussed an affidavit in this connection to be filed by the agency on Monday with its lawyer UU lalit who has replaced Additional Solicitor General Harin Raval. The ASG resigned after a controversy that put the government in a spot erupted over his allegation that Vahanvati tried to influence the probe.
Sources said today the crucial CBI affidavit while confirming that changes were made in the draft status report is also likely to say that the Law Minister had proposed a "dilution" of language in the document before it was given to the apex court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened