Coalgate suspect attends CBI chief`s family function uninvited
New Delhi: The wedding reception of CBI Director Ranjit Sinha`s daughter saw the presence of former Coal Minister Santosh Bagrodia, a suspect in the coal scam who it is claimed reached there uninvited.
When asked about the presence of Bagrodia at the July 19 function, CBI said he was not formally invited, but as per tradition the guest was not turned away.
The former Minister spent considerable time at the function which was held at the official residence of the CBI Director, sources said.
The reception saw the presence of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the new Chief Justice of India P. Sathasivam along with other political leaders and senior officials.
Bagrodia has been questioned by CBI in connection with Coalgate and may figure in its charge sheet, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka