Coalgate suspect attends CBI chief`s family function uninvited
New Delhi: The wedding reception of CBI Director Ranjit Sinha`s daughter saw the presence of former Coal Minister Santosh Bagrodia, a suspect in the coal scam who it is claimed reached there uninvited.
When asked about the presence of Bagrodia at the July 19 function, CBI said he was not formally invited, but as per tradition the guest was not turned away.
The former Minister spent considerable time at the function which was held at the official residence of the CBI Director, sources said.
The reception saw the presence of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the new Chief Justice of India P. Sathasivam along with other political leaders and senior officials.
Bagrodia has been questioned by CBI in connection with Coalgate and may figure in its charge sheet, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL