Common entrance test for medical & engineering soon
New Delhi: Soon there could be a common entrance examination for medical and engineering courses to ease the pressure on students.
Human Resource Development Minister Kapil Sibal said Friday that the All India Pre-Medical Test and All India Engineering Entrance Exam would be combined as both have common subjects.
"Physics and chemistry are the common subjects for the entrance exam. Depending on their choice, students can give maths or biology," Sibal said.
The minister was speaking after a meeting of state education ministers in the national capital.
"It will reduce the pressure on students who have to appear for 10 or 15 entrance exams," he said.
The minister, however, did not give a time frame for the plan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people