Common entrance test for medical & engineering soon
New Delhi: Soon there could be a common entrance examination for medical and engineering courses to ease the pressure on students.
Human Resource Development Minister Kapil Sibal said Friday that the All India Pre-Medical Test and All India Engineering Entrance Exam would be combined as both have common subjects.
"Physics and chemistry are the common subjects for the entrance exam. Depending on their choice, students can give maths or biology," Sibal said.
The minister was speaking after a meeting of state education ministers in the national capital.
"It will reduce the pressure on students who have to appear for 10 or 15 entrance exams," he said.
The minister, however, did not give a time frame for the plan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply