Communal ideologues forced Husain to leave India: Digvijay
Indore: Terming as "very unfortunate" Qatar`s conferring citizenship on renowned Indian painter M F Husain, Congress leader Digvijay Singh said here on Saturday that he
(Husain) was forced to accept it due to harassment from people having communal ideology.
"Acceptance of Qatar`s citizenship by famous artist like Husain is very unfortunate. It is a big defeat of those people whose ideology is liberal and who believe in communal harmony," Singh told reporters here.
He said that due to constant attack from people with communal ideology, Husain had to live a life of self-exile and finally he was forced to accept Qatar`s proposal to become its
However, the Congress General Secretary refuted the charge that the Indian government had failed to give adequate protection to Husain who was facing attacks from saffron
activists for making controversial paintings of Hindu Gods and Goddesses.
"There was no problem to the government from Husain but when the heart of an artist breaks up, it takes long time to heal it," Singh said.
Amidst opposition attacks on the hike of petrol and diesel prices, he said that there had been many fold increase in fuel prices during the NDA regime.
"After presenting a comparative study of it, we will put this fact before the people," the Congress general secretary said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800