Complaint against Kumar Vishwas for hurting religious beliefs
Bhopal: A complaint has been filed here against AAP leader Kumar Vishwas for allegedly hurting religious sentiments during his discourses.
The complaint was lodged with the TT Nagar police station by local social activist Abhinav Chakradhar yesterday.
Chakradhar, who runs an NGO in the city has charged the poet-turned politician for deriding deities and hurting the religious beliefs of Hindus and Muslims in Mushairas and Kavi Sammelans held in the state and across the country.
The complainant said that his grievance has nothing to do with Vishwas being an AAP member.
"Making fun of politicians and celebrities was acceptable but Vishwas has crossed the line and was hurting religious beliefs," he alleged.
Chakradhar has also submitted a video footage of various programmes in which Vishwas featured in many cities including Bhopal, in support of his charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family