Cong cites Shourie to spike JPC into 2G Spectrum
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday pounced on former
Telecom Minister and BJP leader Arun Shourie`s opposition to
setting up of a JPC into the 2G Spectrum scam to take on the
opposition party saying BJP has not been able to justify its
Terming Shourie "an eminent journalist", party
spokesperson Manish Tewari said the former Telecom Minister
"has possibly correctly pointed out that the SC-monitored
investigation into the issue should continue."
Shourie has told a newspaper that JPC "is not the right
demand at all" and that the Supreme Court should monitor the
investigation in the 2G Spectrum case.
BJP, Shiv Sena, JD-U and Samajwadi Party have been
insisting on JPC probe into the issue, a demand which has not
been opposed by any other opposition party.
The Congress spokesperson said the matter is already
under investigation of CBI and CAG has given a report which
goes to PAC as per the constitutional process.
"When two parallel and concurrent investigations are
already going on, what purpose the third investigation would
serve is something that BJP has not been able to answer,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are festivals and other social fete being manipulated for political benefits?
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- UEFA Champions League draw: Barca reunion for Guardiola, Madrid get Dortmund, Arsenal pair PSG
- Clinton tops 50% support from US voters in latest poll
- Bihar floods kill eight more; water recedes in UP but still in red
- Tired of frequent dandruff problem? Try these home remedies!
- Pakistan to host West Indies for pink ball Test in UAE