Cong cites Shourie to spike JPC into 2G Spectrum
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday pounced on former
Telecom Minister and BJP leader Arun Shourie`s opposition to
setting up of a JPC into the 2G Spectrum scam to take on the
opposition party saying BJP has not been able to justify its
Terming Shourie "an eminent journalist", party
spokesperson Manish Tewari said the former Telecom Minister
"has possibly correctly pointed out that the SC-monitored
investigation into the issue should continue."
Shourie has told a newspaper that JPC "is not the right
demand at all" and that the Supreme Court should monitor the
investigation in the 2G Spectrum case.
BJP, Shiv Sena, JD-U and Samajwadi Party have been
insisting on JPC probe into the issue, a demand which has not
been opposed by any other opposition party.
The Congress spokesperson said the matter is already
under investigation of CBI and CAG has given a report which
goes to PAC as per the constitutional process.
"When two parallel and concurrent investigations are
already going on, what purpose the third investigation would
serve is something that BJP has not been able to answer,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Memorial for India's 'missile man': Naidu, Parrikar unveil statue of APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram
- Aamir Khan turns host for team 'Dangal'!
- No curfew in Srinagar, continues in south Kashmir
- Cockroach milk – The next big 'superfood' and a fantastic protein supplement?
- NASA explains the case of Ceres' missing large craters- Watch the video!