Cong cites Shourie to spike JPC into 2G Spectrum
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday pounced on former
Telecom Minister and BJP leader Arun Shourie`s opposition to
setting up of a JPC into the 2G Spectrum scam to take on the
opposition party saying BJP has not been able to justify its
Terming Shourie "an eminent journalist", party
spokesperson Manish Tewari said the former Telecom Minister
"has possibly correctly pointed out that the SC-monitored
investigation into the issue should continue."
Shourie has told a newspaper that JPC "is not the right
demand at all" and that the Supreme Court should monitor the
investigation in the 2G Spectrum case.
BJP, Shiv Sena, JD-U and Samajwadi Party have been
insisting on JPC probe into the issue, a demand which has not
been opposed by any other opposition party.
The Congress spokesperson said the matter is already
under investigation of CBI and CAG has given a report which
goes to PAC as per the constitutional process.
"When two parallel and concurrent investigations are
already going on, what purpose the third investigation would
serve is something that BJP has not been able to answer,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?