Cong dares Reddy brothers to opt for CBI probe
Bangalore: Continuing its attack against the
Reddy brothers, opposition Congress in Karnataka today
maintained they were involved in illegal mining and dared them
to opt for a CBI probe into the matter.
Rubbishing claims by Tourism Minister G Janardhana Reddy
that their company Ombulapuram Mining Corporation activities
were confined to Andhra Pradesh, former leader of Opposition
Congress in the Legislative Council V S Ugrappa charged that
the ministers "misused" their office, mining permits and
engaged in illegal mining after "intimidating" officials.
Rebutting Reddy`s charge that Congress leaders were
involved in illegal mining, he said "let it be left CBI to
decide on the matter".
Ugrappa also wondered why Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa
was afraid of seeking CBI investigation into the issue.
Congress MLC, K C Kondaiah, who has filed a complaint
seeking disqualification of Janardhna Reddy, his brother
Revenue Minsiter G Karunakara Reddy and Health Minister B
Sreeramulu from their legisalture membership accusing them of
attracting "office of profit" clause, also reiterated his
charge that the Reddy`s were involved in illegal mining.
Kondiah, who also hail from Bellary district, asked "if
Janardhana Reddy says he has no mines in Karnataka then why
are so many men and machienry owned by him are operating
in so many mines".
The Reddy brothers had entered into a "working formula"
with 40 mines in Bellary district and have been sharing the
resources, he charged.
Ugrappa alleged Yedyurappa was aware of the
"disappearance" of iron ore from Belekere port and claimed he
had evidence to prove his charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter