Cong dismisses Mulayam`s CBI remark as `political slogan`
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday dismissed as "political slogan" SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav`s remark that fighting with the government is not easy as it can use CBI and put one in jail.
Party spokesperson P C Chacko said opposition parties including the BJP have frequently accused the government of misusing the CBI.
"Misuse of CBI is particularly a political slogan," Chacko said.
The Congress spokesperson said the ruling party always faces the allegation of misuse of the CBI or police by the opposition.
Raking up the issue of misuse of CBI, Yadav today said fighting with the government is not easy as it can use CBI and put one in jail.
"Sarkar se ladna asan nahi hai. Sarkar ke hazaron haath hote hain. CBI ka upyog kar sakti hai...Jail me dal sakti hai" (It`s not easy to fight with the government. It has thousands of hands and can use CBI and put one in jail)," he told reporters here in reply to a question.
Yadav had earlier also attacked Congress-led UPA government blaming misuse of CBI by it.
"Congress used to take support by threatening. I supported the UPA government in bad times but Congress has put CBI after me," the SP chief had told reporters here on March 29.
When asked that the UPA`s erstwhile ally DMK had also accused the government of misusing CBI after the recent raid at its leader M K Stalin`s house in connection with a case, he said the southern party had not accused the government of misusing the CBI as long as it was part of the government.
"Which ally? Till the DMK did not leave the alliance, this allegation was not there. Even when the DMK minister (A Raja) was sent to jail (in the 2G case), they did not make these allegations. Once they have withdrawn support, they cannot be called ally," Chacko said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das