Cong downplays Sonia`s meeting with Press Club office bearers
New Delhi: Congress on Monday downplayed party
President Sonia Gandhi`s audience to a group of office-bearers
of the Press Club of India (PCI) recently, saying it was a
"non-issue" for the party.
"As far as Congress is concerned, it is a non-issue. It
is their (club`s) internal matter. It is not our concern if
the club is managed by A, B or C..." party spokesman Abhishek
Singhvi told reporters here.
The office-bearers, who met Gandhi, were removed from
their posts by the general body meeting of the Club. As
elections are due in the PCI soon, rival factions are using
the meeting with the Gandhi to score points against each
Singhvi said PCI was an institution and the party has no
association with any faction. He said at the meeting with
Gandhi, she was offered an honorary membership of the club
which was accepted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves