Cong downplays Sonia`s meeting with Press Club office bearers
New Delhi: Congress on Monday downplayed party
President Sonia Gandhi`s audience to a group of office-bearers
of the Press Club of India (PCI) recently, saying it was a
"non-issue" for the party.
"As far as Congress is concerned, it is a non-issue. It
is their (club`s) internal matter. It is not our concern if
the club is managed by A, B or C..." party spokesman Abhishek
Singhvi told reporters here.
The office-bearers, who met Gandhi, were removed from
their posts by the general body meeting of the Club. As
elections are due in the PCI soon, rival factions are using
the meeting with the Gandhi to score points against each
Singhvi said PCI was an institution and the party has no
association with any faction. He said at the meeting with
Gandhi, she was offered an honorary membership of the club
which was accepted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users