Cong downplays Sonia`s meeting with Press Club office bearers
New Delhi: Congress on Monday downplayed party
President Sonia Gandhi`s audience to a group of office-bearers
of the Press Club of India (PCI) recently, saying it was a
"non-issue" for the party.
"As far as Congress is concerned, it is a non-issue. It
is their (club`s) internal matter. It is not our concern if
the club is managed by A, B or C..." party spokesman Abhishek
Singhvi told reporters here.
The office-bearers, who met Gandhi, were removed from
their posts by the general body meeting of the Club. As
elections are due in the PCI soon, rival factions are using
the meeting with the Gandhi to score points against each
Singhvi said PCI was an institution and the party has no
association with any faction. He said at the meeting with
Gandhi, she was offered an honorary membership of the club
which was accepted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth