Cong gives notice to move no-trust motion against BJP
Bhopal: Opposition Congress on Wednesday submitted a notice for moving a no-confidence motion against BJP government in poll-bound Madhya Pradesh.
The Leader of Opposition in Assembly Ajay Singh met Assembly Secretary Rajkumar Pandey and submitted the notice to bring up the motion during the monsoon session of the Legislative Assembly, starting July 8.
"Congress wanted to bring the motion against Shivraj Singh Chouhan government over a range of issues like breakdown of law and order, failure of flagship Atal Jyoti Abhiyan, rising crimes against women etc," Ajay said in a release.
Congress had moved a no trust motion in the Winter session of Assembly in 2011, which was defeated.
Madhya Pradesh is going to polls by year-end.
In 230-member House, BJP has 151 members, Congress (65), BSP (7), SP (1) and Independents (3), one nominated member and two seats are vacant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron