Cong hails passage of bill on special status to six districts
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday hailed passage of a bill in Parliament granting special status to six backward districts in Karnataka.
AICC Secretary Shantaram Naik, who is in charge of party affairs in Karnataka, said the move would help in faster development of the backward region.
The Constitution (118th Amendment) Bill, which inserts a new Article 371-J to provide special recognition for the six backward districts of North Karnataka - Gulbarga, Yadgir, Raichur, Bidar, Koppal and Bellary, was passed in Rajya Sabha with all members present voting in favour.
Lok Sabha had passed the Bill yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi