Cong hails passage of bill on special status to six districts
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday hailed passage of a bill in Parliament granting special status to six backward districts in Karnataka.
AICC Secretary Shantaram Naik, who is in charge of party affairs in Karnataka, said the move would help in faster development of the backward region.
The Constitution (118th Amendment) Bill, which inserts a new Article 371-J to provide special recognition for the six backward districts of North Karnataka - Gulbarga, Yadgir, Raichur, Bidar, Koppal and Bellary, was passed in Rajya Sabha with all members present voting in favour.
Lok Sabha had passed the Bill yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites