Cong hails passage of bill on special status to six districts
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday hailed passage of a bill in Parliament granting special status to six backward districts in Karnataka.
AICC Secretary Shantaram Naik, who is in charge of party affairs in Karnataka, said the move would help in faster development of the backward region.
The Constitution (118th Amendment) Bill, which inserts a new Article 371-J to provide special recognition for the six backward districts of North Karnataka - Gulbarga, Yadgir, Raichur, Bidar, Koppal and Bellary, was passed in Rajya Sabha with all members present voting in favour.
Lok Sabha had passed the Bill yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch