Cong mouthpiece concerned over factionalism in par
New Delhi: Close on the heels of Sonia Gandhi`s advice to partymen to shed all manner of factional behaviour, concern over the growing trend in Congress was voiced in the latest issue of the party`s mouthpiece on Wednesday.
Blaming "personal ambitions" of some people for the poor show of the party in elections, the editorial said the key to success lies in "unity and fortitude".
"The personal ambitions of some people are coming in the way and the party men defeat the selected partymen who are chosen to represent the party in elections," the editorial in the latest issue of party mouthpiece `Congress Sandesh` said. Party MP Girija Vyas, who hails from Rajasthan, is its editor.
The editorial further said Congress persons will have to realize that it is "not about personal gains and losses" but about being a part of the party which has the capability and vision to take India`s progress ahead by leaps and bounds.
"The key to success lies in facing the barbed attacks of the Opposition with unity and fortitude. If we are united as a party, there is no way that any party can overtake us. Congress-led UPA has amongst them the most brilliant minds and statesmen," the editorial said.
The issue of factionalism has come ahead of the party`s preparations for elections in Himachal Pradesh and Gujarat where Congress is groupism-ridden. The factionalism in Congress has been an issue over which the top leadership has time and again expressed concern.
Gandhi had, while addressing the Congress Working Committee meet on June 4, asked the partymen to stop wasting their energy on factionalism and petty issues and prepare themselves unitedly for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
Earlier at a CPP meeting on May 9 too, she had said "we must all shed all manner of factional behaviour and fight as one disciplined team at all levels. That will be the single most important factor to decide whether we win or lose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened