Cong not asking Dikshit to quit to save PM: BJP
New Delhi: Attacking the Congress on the CWG
issue, the BJP on Tuesday alleged that the ruling party was
"hesitant" in asking Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit to step
down as the Prime Minister would be next in line.
"The Prime Minister should answer why (Suresh) Kalmadi was
appointed chief of the Organising Committee despite objections
raised by Sports Ministers," BJP president Nitin Gadkari said
addressing a rally here.
Demanding resignation of Delhi Chief Minister in the wake
of the CAG citing irregularities in certain Commonwealth Games
projects, he said, "Congress is hesitant in asking Dikshit to
step down as after her it will be the turn of Prime Minister
Gadkari said, "I want to ask Sonia Gandhi why action is
not being taken against Sheila Dikshit despite her stating
publicly that all those involved in corruption will be
The BJP has targeted the Prime Minister after Sports
Minister Ajay Maken, in a suo motu statement on the CWG, had
put the blame on the BJP-led opposition for appointment of
Kalmadi as Organising Committee chief.
With CAG report stating that Kalmadi was appointed CWG
Organising Committee chief based on a PMO recommendation,
Maken had said on Friday that he was elected to the post by
the IOA as per the Host City Contract approved by the NDA
regime and "there was no scope for any change".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi