Cong not asking Dikshit to quit to save PM: BJP
New Delhi: Attacking the Congress on the CWG
issue, the BJP on Tuesday alleged that the ruling party was
"hesitant" in asking Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit to step
down as the Prime Minister would be next in line.
"The Prime Minister should answer why (Suresh) Kalmadi was
appointed chief of the Organising Committee despite objections
raised by Sports Ministers," BJP president Nitin Gadkari said
addressing a rally here.
Demanding resignation of Delhi Chief Minister in the wake
of the CAG citing irregularities in certain Commonwealth Games
projects, he said, "Congress is hesitant in asking Dikshit to
step down as after her it will be the turn of Prime Minister
Gadkari said, "I want to ask Sonia Gandhi why action is
not being taken against Sheila Dikshit despite her stating
publicly that all those involved in corruption will be
The BJP has targeted the Prime Minister after Sports
Minister Ajay Maken, in a suo motu statement on the CWG, had
put the blame on the BJP-led opposition for appointment of
Kalmadi as Organising Committee chief.
With CAG report stating that Kalmadi was appointed CWG
Organising Committee chief based on a PMO recommendation,
Maken had said on Friday that he was elected to the post by
the IOA as per the Host City Contract approved by the NDA
regime and "there was no scope for any change".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’