Cong reacts, accuses BJP of unconstitutional behaviour
New Delhi: Lashing out at BJP for skipping Prime Minister’s lunch ahead of the Parliament session, Congress Spokesperson Abhishek Manu Singhvi said that “BJP is behaving irresponsibly and is attempting to subvert the Supreme Court-ordered investigations into the
Sohrabuddin encounter killing case.”
“It is unprecedented that a press conference be held on such an issue. The entire BJP leadership is forgetting that in January 2010, the Supreme Court had directed the Gujarat police to hand over the case to the CBI, and this was done despite the Gujarat police plea that they have completed investigations in the case,” he said.
Singhvi said the BJP leadership was scared and
was attempting to create an arc of immunity for Gujarat
Minister Amit Shah, who has been summoned by CBI in the case.
"It is amazing, distressing and unjustifiable" conduct
on the part of the BJP leaders which is indefensible and
unheard of. By its action, the BJP is scaling new heights of
improper conduct and is avoiding investigations, Congress
Spokesperson Abhishek Singhvi told reporters.
Reacting to the decision of the top leadership,
including L K Advani and Nitin Gadkari, not to attend the
Prime Minister`s lunch, he said, the Gujarat Chief Minister
Narendra Modi appears to have pressurised senior BJP leaders
to prevent and obstruct an ongoing investigation.
Singhvi also said that, "The BJP is scared as the investigation was nearing
completion and it has appeared to have zeroed in on Amit Shah."
"It has obviously sent collective shivers on the part
of BJP. The press conference by the party leaders today is a
blatant attempt to pressurise investigations and
investigators. It is a crude attempt to create an arc of
immunity for Shah," Singhvi said.
Singhvi said the BJP leadership`s action betrays
anxiety on the part of BJP, Amit Shah and Narendra Modi who
have somthing to hide.
"It is churlish and extremely bad for the BJP to link
chalk and cheese-- the interrogation of Amit Shah and PM`s
lunch invitation. It is BJP`s rejection of the spirit of
constructive cooperation extended by the PM to ensure
smooth conduct of Parliament," he said.
He said the invitation has been spurned by the BJP for
their own self-serving motives to protect individuals who are
facing criminal investigations. This is a desperate and
deplorable attempt to link unconnected issues.
To a question, he said, it was laughable that the
party was trying to connect these issues and was reflection of
an irresponsible opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India