Cong seeks to play down charges against Sharad Paw
New Delhi: Congress on Friday appeared to play down the charges against Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar and his family of allegedly being involved in illegal land acquisitions in Lavasa, India`s first planned hill city project in Maharashtra.
"I think the Agriculture Minister has made his clarification. He did respond to what has been averred. Moreover, the matter is sub-judice", party spokesman Manish Tewari told reporters when asked whether Congress wanted Pawar to come clean on the controversy.
The NCP chief has claimed some 300 acres of land were given to the project in his home district of Pune as part of the hill station policy of Maharashtra.
Pawar has been sought to be put into the dock by a former Police officer YP Singh who alleged the Union Minister and his family are involved in illegal land acquisitions in Lavasa.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels