Cong to target BJP in Parliament if BSY doesn’t go
New Delhi: BS Yeddyurappa could become
the albatross round the neck of BJP if it failed to remove the
Karnataka Chief Minister by the monsoon session of Parliament
beginning August one.
This appears to be the feeling in Congress circles
which say the party and the government would be a "relieved"
lot if BJP does not dump Yeddyurappa in the wake of indictment
by Lokyaukta in the illegal mining issue.
"If Yeddyurappa is not removed, Congress will be
targetting the BJP on the issue in monsoon session whenever it
will raise the scams and scandals concerning the government.
We will say we have taken action, but you have not," a senior
Congress leader, who declined to be identified, said.
Yeddyurappa, who is currently abroad, has dismissed
resignation demands from Congress and the Left parties.
Congress feels that the next one week could be
utilised fully by the BJP to grapple with the fallout of the
illegal mining issue and if it failed to do so, it would not
be in a position in Parliament to attack Congress and the
BJP, it is felt, has a delicate task on hand given the
fact that Yeddyurappa is no pushover and has entrenched
himself in power. The senior leader said that the difficult
task before the BJP was to effect a change in Karnataka
without losing power there.
Yeddyurappa government has completed three years in
office and the BJP victory then in Karnataka was referred to
as saffron getway to South.
The BJP has so far evaded questions on whether the
party would take action against Yeddyurappa, saying it will
respond only after the report is complete and is submitted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon