Congress core group meets before tabling coal block report
New Delhi: The Congress core group met here on Tuesday ahead of the tabling of the standing committee report in parliament on coal block allocations.
The standing committee was headed by Trinamool Congress MP Kalyan Banerjee.
The CAG (Comptroller and Auditor General of India) report on coal block allocation, tabled in Parliament on August 17, 2012, had put the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government in a spot and the opposition stalled the business for many days.
The final CAG report lowered the estimated windfall gains to Rs.1.86 lakh crore by excluding the state-run companies and joint ventures with government entities.
The Coal Ministry had argued for separating allocations to private companies on the ground that state entities or their joint ventures were in any case audited separately by the CAG.
The standing committee`s report is coming at a time when the opposition has once again raked up the coal block allocation issue.
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district