Congress core group meets before tabling coal block report
New Delhi: The Congress core group met here on Tuesday ahead of the tabling of the standing committee report in parliament on coal block allocations.
The standing committee was headed by Trinamool Congress MP Kalyan Banerjee.
The CAG (Comptroller and Auditor General of India) report on coal block allocation, tabled in Parliament on August 17, 2012, had put the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government in a spot and the opposition stalled the business for many days.
The final CAG report lowered the estimated windfall gains to Rs.1.86 lakh crore by excluding the state-run companies and joint ventures with government entities.
The Coal Ministry had argued for separating allocations to private companies on the ground that state entities or their joint ventures were in any case audited separately by the CAG.
The standing committee`s report is coming at a time when the opposition has once again raked up the coal block allocation issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news