Congress core group meets before tabling coal block report
New Delhi: The Congress core group met here on Tuesday ahead of the tabling of the standing committee report in parliament on coal block allocations.
The standing committee was headed by Trinamool Congress MP Kalyan Banerjee.
The CAG (Comptroller and Auditor General of India) report on coal block allocation, tabled in Parliament on August 17, 2012, had put the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government in a spot and the opposition stalled the business for many days.
The final CAG report lowered the estimated windfall gains to Rs.1.86 lakh crore by excluding the state-run companies and joint ventures with government entities.
The Coal Ministry had argued for separating allocations to private companies on the ground that state entities or their joint ventures were in any case audited separately by the CAG.
The standing committee`s report is coming at a time when the opposition has once again raked up the coal block allocation issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family