Congress core group meets before tabling coal block report
New Delhi: The Congress core group met here on Tuesday ahead of the tabling of the standing committee report in parliament on coal block allocations.
The standing committee was headed by Trinamool Congress MP Kalyan Banerjee.
The CAG (Comptroller and Auditor General of India) report on coal block allocation, tabled in Parliament on August 17, 2012, had put the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government in a spot and the opposition stalled the business for many days.
The final CAG report lowered the estimated windfall gains to Rs.1.86 lakh crore by excluding the state-run companies and joint ventures with government entities.
The Coal Ministry had argued for separating allocations to private companies on the ground that state entities or their joint ventures were in any case audited separately by the CAG.
The standing committee`s report is coming at a time when the opposition has once again raked up the coal block allocation issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Security in Kashmir reviewed following Pampore attack; Amarnath Yatra to begin soon
- Southwest monsoon progresses in Gujarat
- Subramanian Swamy's lecture on 'Emergency' cancelled
- Now, Lexit: London wants to stay with EU, says petition
- UP cops fight publicly over 'share of bribe', video goes viral - Watch