Congress daily slams `blame-Rahul` editorial of IUML organ
Thiruvananthapuram: Stung by the "blame-Rahul" editorial in the Indian Union Muslim League organ, its Congress counterpart in Kerala today hit back warning the ally to stop giving lessons to India`s grand old party and its captain.
In a strongly-worded editorial, Congress daily `Veekshnam` said the act of IUML mouthpiece "Chandrika" went against political decency and morality by dubbing the spirited poll campaign mounted by Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi as "one-man show of roaming around the country."
"The League had no national role in the Lok Sabha polls. Its exhortation to the Congress is like giving tips to the players by sitting comfortably in the gallery," the Congress daily said.
It also recalled that this was not the first time that the ally was taking potshots at the Congress, oblivious of its own weakness and limited role.
Rejecting the League leaders` clarification that the Chandrika editorial was constructive and well-intentioned, the Congress daily said, "We do not want the entrance coaching of the Muslim League or the home tuition of its official organ."
Tickling the ally further, it said IUML is a party that cannot win even a single panchayat seat in West Bengal or Uttar Pradesh where Muslims account for nearly 25 per cent of the population and it would well do to shed the illusion that Kerala is India.
In a sharp comment, the League daily had yesterday said the `one-man show` of Rahul Gandhi did not benefit his party in the polls as he failed to read the pulse of the people and counter the onslaught of BJP, led by Narendra Modi.
"Mere roaming around the country was not enough... Rahul took into confidence only a few youth leaders close to him for working out the campaign strategy. Rahul did not learn lessons from the party`s defeat in the state assembly polls," the editorial titled "Congress needs radical changes", said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir